Inside a view camera, everything appears upside down. Charles Henry is a large format, documentary, and monochrome artist originally from West Texas. He gained his BFA in design from Texas Tech in 2005. Before moving to Austin in 2011, Charles made photographs of the Great Plains. He is a former artist at Navasota Artist in Residence living in Odessa.
Creating is persevering. What began as a hobby got out of hand. I love the process, the tinkering with cameras and the sloshing of chemicals. Detached from the orderly world, I roam West Texas with both wet and dry imaging methods learning what I can along the way; enjoying life.
- Navasota Artists in Residence, Arts Council of Brazos Valley, Navasota, March 2017 to February 2018
- BFA, Communication Design, Texas Tech University, 2005
- 60th Annual Permian Basin Juried Art Exhibition, Ellen Noël Art Museum of the Permian Basin, Odessa, TX, May 2018
- Fall Open House, Horlock Gallery, Navasota, TX, January 2018
- Grand Opening, The Gallery Downtown, Navasota, TX, August 2017
- Spring Open House, Horlock Gallery, Navasota, TX, June 2017
- Member’s Choice Show, Texas Documentary Photographers, Austin, TX, January 2017
- VERGE Winter Arts Show, Austin, TX, December 2016
- East Austin Studio Tour, Austin, TX, November 2016
- Grayscale, Black Box Gallery, Portland, OR, July 2015
- Holland Photo Imaging’s West Studio Tour, Austin, TX, May 2014
- Navasota Examiner – “Snippets of Life in Black & White” Clements, Connie, June 2017
- Glasstire – “A Preview of the 2016 East Austin Studio Tour” Stimpert, Kathleen Brady, November 2016